Thursday, January 4, 2007

lots of help arrives

I knew about this but it was a surprise when at 8AM (I was eating breakfast and no one else was here - remember the girls are all visiting relatives) when a bus from Instituto San Cristobel pulled up and discharged 12 enthusiastic students to start their Social Service with us. They have to give 80 hours of service and that is a lot!!! 80 X 12 = 960 hours. We will look new (paint and fix up and repairs). I jave one (maybe two) young women to help me prepare teaching and study materials!!! I feel so, so, blest. The young woman (who will be in 12th grade in MArch) lived in the US when she was 3, 4, and 5 and is very happy to work with me and speak English so she can bring her English more up to her age level. What a gift.

I found that giving Canela (one of our dogs who was wounded - see previous entry) her pills is very easy with a one inch chunk of hot dog into which I have inserted the pill. A bit harder is putting the healing cream on her wound which is deep - but she was very cooperative tonight.

More about the renual of our living space!

Tia Sue

No comments: