Wednesday, January 3, 2007

At the home - with no girls!

I am back at the home. All the girls are visiting family or a friend of the home. Well, we do have two girls - our two dogs, Machita (Spotty) and Canela (Cinnamon). It is very quiet at the home right now and we are spending time doing adminitrative things. I am spending mmost of my time preparing for the summer program. Summer here is the dry season, which may be just about to begin (it is windy) and that is January to April.

I was at the computer this morning and heard a dog fight down the hill. Later I saw that Carnela was bleeding!. Someone took a bite out of her backside. Many vets here transport animals and so we had one close by come and get her. The decided not to stitch anything (I don't think there was anything to stitch - there was a loss of material at the site of the bite). They called and we elected to have it cleaned and then they returned her with the medicine - which I will have to give and apply - a many of you know that I am a CAT PERSON! New experience. Canela is old - over 11 and is blind or partially sighted and almost toothless - but she still bounds around a lot.

The Diocesian Youth Camps start on Sunday and for the four camp we are hoping to send 18 girls. Cost is $60 each - so if you would like to help a girl enjoy a tropical beach, church camp vocation, drop me a note: suewillpanama@hotmail.com.

Tia Sue

No comments: