Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Meet Crystel

This is Crystel in the blue dress. Her sister Johana is trying to have her close her mouth for the picture but she didn't get the idea. Although her cerebral palsey is mild and she hears and understands she doesn't talk.

You may remember that I have talked about Crystel, a now 5 year old with mild cebral palsey. I have know her for two years. She was in a special school of kids with CP last year and will start again next week when school starts here. Her sister Johana lives with us at the home and another sister is in 12th grade this year and I hope will go on to the U. All three girls are part of my ministry of education for girls. After a lot of talking on my part and showing her much older half sister (with whom she lives) how to help her learn to be independent she now dresses and undresses, feeds herself, walks up and down stairs with no help, can get on and off her bed, play, run etc.

1 comment:

Padre Mickey said...

Great photos, Tía Sue. And it's wonderful to have you blogging again. I put up a link the other day.