Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Independence day from Spain - 1821

Today is the last holiday in a month of holidays. If you want to learn more about Panama´s two independence days check out www.padremickey.blogspot.com.

We had a fun time this morning - I taught the girls to fold paper and cut a star. We started using magazine pages so as not to waste paper and then moved on to paper, glitter and glue. Raquel, who is in 8th grade also showed them some nice Kirigami she learned from one of my books. I am dreaming of having a christmas tree decorated only with things the girls have made! School is about over - so there will be more time to do arts and crafts and I have a number ready.

This evening 10 or 12 of the girls, the ones 12 and older, are going to a dance recitle. (My English spelling is getting worse and worse.) I am going with the Sr. Pancho, our driver is driving. It starts at 7:30, lasts quite a while and then we are going out for Ice Cream.

The younger kids will watch TV!

Tia Sue

No comments: